FTC: This post is not sponsored but does contain affiliate links. My thoughts and opinions are my own.
Summer is my absolutely favorite season (not just because I am born in the summer) but because everything is better in the summer. Well… not so much TV wise but life is always better in the summer. Summer life also requires a different set of life tools so I’m sharing my 2016 summer must haves that I can’t do without this season.
My 2016 Summer Must Haves
1. Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Toilettes : I’m not a huge makeup wearer but I do dabble a bit more with tinted moisturizers, lipstick and mascara during the summer. It is still important to take great care of your skin so you can have flawless selfies at all the late night bon fires and barbecues. So I use the Neutrogena make up removing cleansing towelettes as a first step to removing the makeup before I wash my face.
2.Beats Pill : Or any other portable speaker for beach day or picnic fun.
3. NARS Pure Radiance Tinted Moisturizer : This is absolute my all time favorite tinted moisturizer and it is great for summer time use because it has SPF 30! You read that right SPF 30 without being grainy or leaving a weird residue behind. It goes on smooth like a foundation with light to medium coverage. A bit pricy, but can last quite a while depending on how you use it.
4. FunFit Drink Up Sipping Schedule Water Bottle: Staying hydrated in the summer time is an absolute must. It can be difficult though when we are running around having all of this summer time fun. My Fun Fit “Drink Up Sipping Schedule” Water bottle comes with me everywhere I go and helps me keep track of my water intake. I drink 2-3 bottles a day and I know I’ve got my water taken care of for the day no matter where I am or what I’m doing.
5. A Good Book: I am a major lover of books and I spend most of the summer catching up on reading for pleasure since I don’t get to do it much during the year. This summer I’m diving in to a ton of books for work but there is one that I cant wait to get my hands on for fun. The latest Harry Potter book is a definite must have for my reading on the beach. Grab yourself a good book and head out to your favorite spot to relax. (40 Books To Read This Summer)
6. Sunglasses: I’ve had the same pair of sunglasses since 2012 and they serve their purpose. Invest in a good pair of sunglasses for the summer season that you can wear year round for many years to come. Trust me… no one wants squinty eyes in their selfies unless they are doing them on purpose.
7. Comfy Sandals: These can be so hard to come by but are so crucial to find. Invest in a good pair of comfy sandals (try and stay away from flip flops for long periods of time) so you can do your summer time walking in style and comfort. I’ve invested in a few pairs of Birkenstocks to help with my summer frolicking adventures.
8. NutriBullet : Even if it isn’t a Nutribullet get a good blender you can whip up some great summer time smoothies that are refreshing and healthy for you too. Stay on top of your nutrition and get extra fruits and veggies in your system this summer by blending up and heading out the door with your green drink in hand.
9. Sunscreen: I’m an avid supporter of natural sunscreens so my favorite is Burt’s Bees but whatever your choice of sunscreen is make sure to apply every 2-3 hours especially if you are swimming. I like my SPF to be above 30 but whatever works best for you is what you should use!
10. Lip Balm: I’m an EOS egg advocate but I know it isn’t for everyone. It is also getting pricier and pricer to love them like I do. No one likes chapped lips! Whatever your choice is make sure your lips look lusciously plump at all times, because you never know when the next selfie will be taken.
11. Ouchless Hair Ties: It is hot during the summer obviously and I find that no matter how cute my hair style is, it goes up into a pony tail, puff, or bun within hours. I keep a few on my wrist and some in my bag because as we all know they disappear rapidly and are never to be found again.
What is your summer go to this year? What can you just not live without? Share your thoughts with us below!