I’ve said it time and time again social media is a beast that can be hard to train but once you’ve gotten the hang of it, it will serve you well. Snapchat has been around for quite some time (since 2011 to be exact) but it seems this year it has really grown in popularity. But is it truly possible to use to help boost sales and awareness for your brand with that 24 hour time limit? The short answer is YES. Is it easy… it can be. It is going to take a bit of work in the beginning to make it worth your while, but once the frame work is done you’ll be able to use Snapchat for your brand, monetize, and increase sales.
1. Be Genuine & Engaging: With everything on social media, being social is key. You must be genuine and engaging because unlike Instagram and Facebook, the main functionality of Snapchat is based on Video. You can take pictures of course, but people go on Snapchat for the interaction. If they wanted to see tons of pictures of you they would go on your Instagram.
2. Share Quality unique content: Besides having genuine and engaging content, you are going to want to make sure your content is unique. That goes for just about all of your social media platforms as well. No one is going to follow you on Snapchat if they can see they same things from you on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook. Make sure that what you are sharing on Snapchat is unique to that platform and keeps viewers coming back to your story. So that means creating giveaways, behind the scenes, or Vlog vids on Snapchat that you don’t post anywhere else. This way you’ll gain followers and they will have a reason to continue to watch your stories.
3. Screen Shot your statistics: Now this is important for branding, marketing, and linking up with other companies. Because Snapchat disappears after 24 hours you are going to have to collect some data to serve as a means of proof when pitching brands or setting up your advertising fees. Save your pictures and videos (especially now because you can upload “Snapchat Memories”) and screen shot the interaction on those photos and videos. How many people viewed and how many people took screenshots of your stories will help you price your marketability to other brands. It will also help you track what your audience is interested in, what are some best times to post stories… etc.
4. Account Takeovers: Partner up with brands to do account takeovers. The same way you’ve seen them done on Instagram, you can translate brand takeovers on Snapchat too. This can be used to cover an event your hosting or attending as well. This will get more eyes on to your account and help you build relationships with various brands that fit your niche or support your brand.
5. Share Tid Bits On Other Social media: You want to promote your Snapchat as the new latest cool place to hang out. So that means you may have to post short clips of your stories else where on the internet to get people excited and interested in watching the entire story. You can even go as far as to create graphics or drop times to watch your snap to gain some inside scoop.
How have you used Snapchat to help increase your brand awareness and blog? If you are interested in learning more about blogging you can join our free 7 day Blogging Bootcamp to help you with more tips and tricks on increasing social media awareness and page views. Sign up now!
Of you can follow along on our Pinterest board dedicated Blogging help!
FTC: This post is not sponsored. All thoughts and opinions…
It is a new year, which means I have yet…
Your email address will not be published.