FTC: This post is not sponsored but does contain affiliate links. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
I’ve gotten more focused and interested in my skin care as I’ve started to age (I’m only 28 but in my mind I’m 50) so I’ve really taken into strict consideration what I put on onto my skin, especially my face. What I’ve learned in paying more attention to my skin care regimen, is that the expensive high end products aren’t always the best or most effective. Yes some of them are remarkable, but don’t sleep on drug store brands either!
I have sensitive combination skin so, it can be a bit of a hassle to find something that truly works and doesn’t upset/irritate certain parts of my skin. These facial washes have done their job effectively in leaving my face clean and not be overly dry, peeling, or oily.
Here are my recommendations for the 10 best facial washes for your skin. Each cleanser I’ve personally used and, because I like to rotate they are in and out of my skin care regimen.
10 Best Facial Washes For Your Skin
1. Paula’s Choice Skin Balancing Oil Reducing Cleanser (18.00)- Best for combination skin like mine! And a little goes a long way (lasted me about 2 months)
Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate (cleansing), Sodium Lauroamphoacetate (cleansing), Stearic Acid (texture-enhancing), Glycerin (hydration/skin replenishing), Glycol Distearate (texture-enhancing), Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil (sunflower oil/non-fragrant oil/antioxidant), Acrylates Copolymer (texture-enhancing), Cetearyl Alcohol (texture-enhancing), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract (hydration/skin-soothing), Sodium Chloride (stabilizer), Sodium Hydroxide (pH balancing), Xanthan Gum (texture-enhancing), Caprylyl Glycol (preservative), Hexylene Glycol (preservative), Disodium EDTA (stabilizer), Phenoxyethanol (preservative).
2. Burts Bees Soap Bark & Chamomile Deep Cleansing Cream (7.00)- This is my favorite one because it leaves a minty tingly feeling on your skin after you cleanse.
Ingredients: Aqua (water, eau), helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, stearic acid, glycerin, cetyl alcohol, cetearyl alcohol, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, coco-glucoside, silica, quillaja saponaria bark extract, chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract, Echinacea purpurea extract, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) leaf extract, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, tocopherol, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, citrus medica limonum (lemon) peel oil, menthol, lavandula hybrida (lavandin) oil, litsea cubeba fruit oil, citrus aurantifolia (lime) oil, parfum (natural fragrance), hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) water, sucrose stearate, xanthan gum, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), glucose, alcohol denat., sodium chloride, glucose oxidase, lactoperoxidase, limonene, citral
3. Angels On Bare Skin (18.00) – This has been my staple cleanser for some time and it always leaves my skin clean and moisturized.
Ingredients: Ground Almonds (Prunus dulcis) , Glycerine , Kaolin , Water (Aqua) , Lavender Oil (Lavandula augustifolia) , Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena) , Chamomile Blue Oil (Matricaria Chamomilla) , Tagetes Oil (Tagetes minuta) , Benzoin Resinoid (Styrax tonkinensis pierre) , Lavender Flowers (Lavandula augustifolia) , *Limonene , *Linalool . *Occurs naturally in essential oils
4. Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Facial Cleanser (6.25) – This is a super gentle cleanser that doesn’t sud much but still leaves you feeling clean. It’s my favorite product in the Neutrogena “naturals” line.
Ingredients: Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Decyl Glucoside, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Sodium Benzoate, Fragrance
5. Cerave Moisturizing Cleansing Bar (6.00)– This bar is super moisturizing but I used it mostly for my skin. It does have ingredients that help with acne as well so it can be used on your face and not be drying or irritating.
Ingredients: Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Water, Sodium Isethionate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Ethylene Brassylate, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Chloride, Glycerin, Ceteareth-20, Cetearyl Alcohol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Phytosphingosine, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum
6. Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (10.00)- I used this cleanser a few years ago and it worked well to help limit the oiliness in my t-zone area and calmed down my acne flare ups.
Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Acrylates/Steareth-20 Methacrylate Copolymer, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Masking Fragrance, Panthenol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben
7. Murad Acne Clarifying Cleanser (26.00)- I used a mix between this clarifying cleanser and the exfoliating cleanser in my early 20s when I was dealing with serious acne issues. It helped calm my skin down and got rid of dark circles and spots left behind after picking at my pimples.
Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (1.5%). , Water (Aqua), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Methyl Gluceth-20, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Cimicifuga Racemosa Root Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Triclosan, Menthol, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavendar) Oil, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Cymbopogon Nardus (Citronella) Oil, Citrus Medica Imonum
8. St. Ives Apricot Cleanser Blemish Fighting (6.00) : People often give the St. Ives scrubs all the love in the skin care game, but their cleansers are just as good and I used them when nothing is working! It is the gentle giant of my arsenal.
Ingredients: Water (Aqua, Eau), Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glyceryl Stearate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetyl Acetate, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Polysorbate 60, Ceteareth-20, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Fragrance (Parfum), PPG-2 Methyl Ether, Phenethyl Alcohol, Limonene, Linalool, Methylisothiazolinone, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract.
9. Clean & Clear Deep Action Cleansing Cream (8.00) : This was my original skin care savior. I’ve been using clean and clear since I was in high school and it always leaves my skin radiant! Gotta give it up one time for my tried and true!
Ingredients: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, Polysorbate 60, Steareth-21, Gelatin, Salicylic Acid, DEA-Cetyl Phosphate, Fragrance, Menthol, Disodium EDTA, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone.
10. Clearsil Ultra Pore Cleansing Pads (5.39)- These pads I use more so as a toner or second cleaning after I’ve used a cream cleanser to wash my face. I will say that these pads worked wonders on my back acne situation as well!
Ingredients: Salicylic acid (2%)
What is your go to product for your skin care regimen when your skin is just acting up? Share your suggestions with us below! You can also follow our skin care dedicated board on Pinterest for more skin care hacks!