Were promoting healthy natural hair growth in the most holistic and natural way possible. In this post we’re sharing the basics of natural hair care: essential oils. These oils are used to not only promote healthy hair growth but can be used for skin care and much more. So here are 5 oils to help grow your natural hair and a free printable to keep handy at all times !
We’ve discussed castor oil many many times. It is one of the most popular oils used in the natural hair community. And incase you still don’t know the difference between regular castor oil and Jamaican Black Castor Oil don’t worry we’ve got you covered here! And though the benefits of castor oil may seem endless here are the top reasons you should use this oil in your natural hair regimen to give your hair a boost.
- Thick oil that can help seal in moisture to prevent breakage
- Helps to regrow thicker/stronger hair (especially hair that has been lost or started thinning around the edge and nape of your hair)
- Improves scalp health and circulation which stimulates healthy hair growth
Coconut oil is one of my all time fave oils that can be used for various things. If you don’t believe me take a look at my break down of all things coconut can be used for right here!
- Stimulates hair growth deep into its follicles
- Promotes scalp health
- Moisturizes dry brittle hair while adding luster, shine, and softness to the hair
- Prevents hair breakage and split ends
- Slows down hair loss
- Effective moisturizer for dry brittle damaged hair
- Packed w/ loads of vitamins and proteins that help to prevent damage to your hair
- Protects scalp and feeds hair follicles w/amino acids to promote healthy cell growth. This helps to maintain a healthy scalp for healthy hair growth as well.
I just started using almond oil (sweet almond oil) for my hair and my dark circles and it is starting to become a must need staple in my every day life regimen. The smell is also very pleasing.
- Rich source of magnesium
- Reduces shedding and improves quality of hair
- Treats dandruff and reduces scalp inflammation
- Improves blood circulation
- Resembles natural hair sebum the most
- Removes build up
- Creates shine while limiting frizziness
- Reduces dry irritation of scalp and dandruff
What oils have you experimented with that have brought your natural hair back to life? Share your thoughts and answers below!
Grab your free printable here to keep this list of useful oils at your fingertips !
If you loved what you read sign up for our mailing list here and never miss a post! Also get your hands on our free protective styling ebook!