As I’ve mentioned many times before, healthy growing hair or beautiful glowing skin is based on several factors. But the main factor that most people seem to ignore or forget is the healthy eating part. Eating dark leafy greens and fruits will put you on the best possible track to have a healthy head of hair growing from your scalp (that and a few other things of course). Sometimes it is hard to get your full serving of fruit and veggies for the day, and smoothies have helped make that task a lot easier. I choose to juice in the morning and replace my breakfast when I’m looking to make sure that I’ve met my daily requirement. I also attempt to detox 3-4 times a year and juice for 3 days completely. Anyway you do it, adding smoothies and fruit juices into your diet is a definite good thing if done correctly (more veggies than fruits). These 5 particular smoothies are the best options to help grow your natural hair. So they’ll be yummy, good for you and have your hair popping!
Each smoothie contains a set of ingredients that are extremely beneficial to your hair and your skin so it is certainly worth giving one or all of them a shot.
5 Best Smoothies For Natural Hair Growth
1. Sweet Potato Smoothie: I just started my love affair with sweet potatoes when I became a Vegan. They became a major part of my diet and I saw major changes in my hair and skin almost immediately. Why? Because sweet potatoes contain vitamin A which is a great at improving the health of your scalp (which is important for healthy hair growth) and improving hair growth.
1 medium sized banana
1 small sweet potato (cooked)
2 cups almond milk (or more for a thinner consistency)
2. Kale, Apple + Lemon: Just like I mentioned in the beginning dark leafy greens are a major key for success. Lemons aid in removing toxins from your hair and increasing hair growth, while apples are great sources of fiber. Apples also contain Vitamin A and Vitamin E as well which promotes circulation. Apples are also great for helping increase luster in your hair and give you that great body/shine.
2 cups of kale (remove the stalks)
½ of a Lemon (remove the rind)
1 small-medium sized apple
3. Berry Blend: Berries are packed with antioxidants that are great for your hair, skin and body. The antioxidants are beneficial in cell regeneration which equals healthy hair follicles. That is a great basis for healthy growing hair.
1 cup of mixed berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries + blackberries)
1-1 1/2 cup of water (more or less for your desired consistency)
1 tbsp of Chia seeds (optional)
4. Spinach Almond Blast: This was the first smoothie I ever dabbled in when I was gifted my Nutri Bullet and its still one my favorites. With the presence of peanut butter you get a nice chocolate flavor to the mix which is a pleasant surprise. It also removes some of the sweetness which can be a bit unbearable at times. Vitamin A and Vitamin C are present in this smoothie blend which improves hair growth and scalp circulation. It also assists in absorbing iron which is an important nutrient for your hair.
1-1 1/2 cup almond milk (plain or vanilla)
1 tablespoon natural peanut butter
2-3 kale leaves (use 4 or 5 if you’re brave enough)
5. Cucumber, Apple + Honey: This smoothie is filled with silicone and sulfur that are great for hair growth. Honey is also great for assisting in elasticity and moisture retention when taken internally and used topically.
1 cup of spinach
½ of a medium cucumber
1 tablespoon of Honey
1 small-medium sized apple
Which smoothie do you want to try first to get your hair care in its perfect healthy state? Share your favorite smoothie recipe below !