FTC: This post is not sponsored. All thoughts and opinions are my own .
Coconut Oil has been deemed the savior of natural hair for many many many moons now… and for good reason. Coconut oil has many benefits for your hair, skin, and body. I’ve got two jars of it in my kitchen right now (I don’t play around with my coconut oil).
I use coconut oil mostly for my skin and body, but for the naturalistas that swear by coconut oil for their hair this one is especially for you. Different hair issues call for different solutions and thats exactly what each of these DIY recipes has to offer!
5 DIY Coconut Oil Recipes For Natural Hair
1. Coconut Oil + Lemon Juice (Dandruff)
Ingredients: 4 tbsp coconut oil and 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Mix the coconut oil and lemon juice together in a bowl
- Apply the mixture evenly to your hair and leave on 15 mins. (easiest to apply in sections)
- Rinse with cool water
- Wash your hair with shampoo or co wash of your choosing
2. Coconut Oil + Aloe Vera (Hair Growth)
Ingredients: 1 tbsp of coconut oil, 1 tbsp aloe vera gel.
- Mix the aloe vera and coconut oil together until it forms a gel like consistency
- Apply the gel to your hair (roots, ends and scalp). Leave on for half an hour.
- Wash with warm water.
3. Coconut Oil + Egg (Hair Repair)
Ingredients: 1 tbsp of coconut oil and 1 whole egg
- Beat the egg and add the coconut oil to it.
- Apply the mixture to your hair
- Leave on your scalp for 15 minutes.
- Rinse your hair with cool water and then wash using a shampoo or co wash of your choosing.
4. Coconut Oil + Honey (Damaged hair)
Ingredients: 1 tbsp honey and 4 tbsp of coconut oil
- Place the honey and coconut oil in the microwave (you can use your stove top also) until they are melted together. (15-20 seconds should be fine)
- Allow the mixture to be cooled to touch and then apply on dry hair
- Massage with your fingers gently and leave the mixture on your your hair for 15-20 mins.
- Rinse with cool water and wash your hair with shampoo or co-wash.
5. Coconut Oil + Avocado (Dry Hair)
Ingredients: 1 Avocado, 1 tbsp coconut oil, and ¼ cup of coconut milk,
- Mash the ripe avocado until you get a smooth consistency. (think guacamole but smoother)
- Add coconut oil to your avocado puree and mix well.
- Apply this mixture to your hair and leave on for 20 minutes.
- Wash your hair with warm water and make sure to remove the avocado residue. (especially if the avocado wasn’t ripe enough)
What is your favorite coconut oil DIY recipe? Leave your thoughts in the comment box below!