FTC: This post is not sponsored however does contain some affiliate links. All thoughts and comments are my own.
As a full-blown naturalista of 3 years (whew the time has gone by… and my hair still isn’t down my back… womp womp) I often find that we are usually pretty worried about shampoo. If you are a curly girl method follower… this post unfortunately is not for you but I do have some alternatives that fit right into your alley! This post is for my ladies that are a bit weary of shampoo because they think it will dry out your natural hair. That is not necessarily the case. These following suggestions are the 10 best moisturizing shampoos for natural hair that I have had the pleasure of using. Why?
20 Best Curly Girl Friendly Co-Washes
20 Best Curly Girl Friendly Leave In Conditioners
20 Best Curl Girl Friendly Styling Gels
Well for starters they are all sulfate free which means you won’t get the stripped super cleansed feeling as if you just washed your hair with a bar of soap. Moisturizing shampoos for natural hair are popping up all over the beauty supply and major box stores shelves, but you still need to read the ingredient label. Just because they say “moisturizing” doesn’t mean they always are. Check to make sure that the ingredient list is best for your hair care regimen. And then… watch the magic of your hair transform from dirty to clean and moisturized while using shampoo!
PS: I always recommend using a pre-poo of your favorite oil or DIY concoction before shampooing as well to increase the moisture level!
10 Best Oils For Your Pre-Poo Treatments
9 Easy DIY Pre-Poo Recipes
1. TGIN Moisture Rich Sulfate Free Shampoo
2. Mielle Organics Babassu Oil Conditioning Sulfate Free Shampoo
3. Trader Joes Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo
4. Alikay Naturals Caribbean Coconut Milk Shampoo
5. Trader Joes Nourish Spa Balanced Moisturizing Shampoo
6. Kinky Curly Come Clean Natural Moisturizing Shampoo
7. Camille Rose Naturals Sweet Ginger Sulfate Free Cleansing Rinse
8. Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo
9. Hydratherma Naturals Moisture Boosting Shampoo
10. Curls Pure Curls Clarifying Shampoo
Have you tried any of these shampoos? Share your experiences with us in the comment section below. You can also follow us on Pinterest on our dedicated Natural hair tips, tricks and DIY board!
We all know that what is good for one person’s…
This year flew by and it wouldn’t be right to…
Where did you grow up? I was born in Haiti…
Your email address will not be published.