Summertime is so exciting but it can be a nightmare on your natural hair if not handled with care and caution. The heat and chlorine can severely dry out your hair and it is best to keep your arsenal stocked with effective products to keep your hair alive. We’ve already gone over a list of deep conditioners that would be a great addition to your hair care regimen, and now we discuss moisture rich moisturizers that put the moisture right back into your hair. The key thing to remember when choosing hair care products is to avoid heavy butters and oils that will weigh down your hair. Light moisturizing is the key!
1. Oyin Handmade Juice & Berries (13.99): Available on both Amazon and their website for the same price (plus shipping & handling), this leave in conditioner is not only a great light moisturizer but it is also chemical free which is always a plus in my book. To find out more about chemical free hair products and why you should be considering adding them to your regimen check out more details here.
2. Karen’s Body Beautiful Sweet Ambrosia Leave In Conditioner(11.99) : This is another item that can be purchased in several different places (in store and online) for a similar price. You can head to Target, The Karen’s Body Beautiful site, or Amazon to get your hands on this sweet smelling leave in conditioner that is also chemical free and light enough to get the moisturizing done this summer.
3. Eden Body Works Coconut Shea Curl Defining Creme (8.49): This moisturizer can double as a styler for twist outs, braid outs…etc and can be found in just about any drug store or Target/Walmart. It can have a tendency to get a little heavy if you use too much (due to the presence of the shea butter) but a light hand can go a long way. You can also order online from Target including free shipping (currently sold out) or through Amazon for a slightly higher price.
4. Koils By Nature Perfectly Peppermint (25.00/ 4oz): A little pricier than the previously mentioned moisturizers but it contains a chalk full of ingredients that can work wonders for your hair. Following the chemical free trend I’ve been applying on this list, perfectly peppermint provides you a tingling sensation as well which I am always a fan of.
5. Jane Carter Solution Curl Defining Cream, 6 Ounce(12.00/ 6 oz): I’ve never been a huge giant fan of Jane Carter Solution but they are easily located in store, and the ingredients listed in this curl defining moisturizing styler can get the job done! These aren’t your regular run of the mill ingredients that we find in most natural hair products so depending on your hair needs Jane Carter Solution may be one of the few brands that take it further than just water and shea butter .
6. Mielle Organics Avocado Moisturizing Hair Milk: (16.00) This product is a GOD SEND!! It has quickly become one of my favorite moisturizers for my hair and the consistency provides the right amount of slip for styling without weighing down your hair. This line also has a main focus of bringing us haircare that is all natural and chemical free as well. You can get your hands on these products at a discount using code: TRESSES at checkout.
7. As I Am Double Butter Rich Daily Moisturizer: (15.00/ 80z) I love love love As I Am products. They were my first co wash love (which I’m certainly thinking of going back to) and their products are created with managing dry hair and putting an end to it. With moisturizing oils prevalent in the ingredients it’s no wonder why this product gets the moisturizing done without weighing your hair down. The “butter” isn’t a heavy consistency and pulls from the jojoba and almond oil presence greatly!
8.TGIN Butter Cream Daily Moisturizer for Natural Hair: (15.00/12 oz) This is in my top three favorite moisturizers and is in heavy rotation in my hair care regimen. It is my go to whenever my hair isn’t acting up and needs an extra boost of moisture to get it back to normal. TGIN even has a moisture pack of products o use in conjunction with this one to maintain your moisture using the LOC method. You can purchase TGIN online on Amazon, the TGIN website and of course in store at Target’s around the country.
9. Shea Moisture Coconut Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie (12.00) An oldie but a goodie! This has been the staple for transitioning naturals for quite some time now because it works! If you are transitioning or not this should and will become a holy grail product for you especially during the summer months. If you find that this product is too heavy for your hair texture or porosity an even lighter styling/moisturizing option is the Curling Gel Souffle that acts as a gel without leaving the crunchy residue behind. Ohh and you can find these products just about everywhere you go from GNC to Walmart & Ride Aid! Just keep a close eye out!
10. Hydratherma Daily Growth Moisturizer: (20.00/8oz) This moisturizer has been in my daily routine/regimen for over a year now and never ceases to amaze me! It is one of the absolute best moisturizers on the market right now with very few ingredients ! Which is what I like to see! I am aware that it is a bit pricy but I’ve been using the same bottle for almost a year and it is just now finishing up. I use it religiously but a little goes a long way! You can purchase this online from the Hydratherma website or from Amazon.
What are some of your favorite moisturizers to use? Are they appropriate to use in the summer? Share your thoughts below!
If you loved what you read sign up for our mailing list here and never miss a post. Also get your hands on our protective styling ebook: Protective Styling Like A Pro Maximum Growth & Length Retention.
Happy New Year!!! For 2017 I promise to try (I…
FTC: This post is not sponsored. All thoughts and opinions are my…
FTC: This post is not sponsored, however does contain some affiliate…
Your email address will not be published.