A few weeks ago I shared the top 20 best curly girl friendly styling gels for those who are following the curly girl method, or trying to start following the method. This week I’m sharing the top 20 best curly girl leave in conditioners. To follow the curly girl method in terms of conditioners there are a few things you should keep in mind when looking at the ingredients listed:
1. Avoid Silicones
2. Look for products with emollients, moisturizers or humectants instead
So here’s a list of awesome leave in conditioners I’ve compiled that fit the curly girl method requirements.
1. Giovanni Direct Leave-In Conditioner(8.00): This product can be found in most local beauty supply stores, local drug stores, and in Walmart/ Target. I enjoy how light this product is, how cost effective and readily available. Meets all requirements in my book!
2. Mielle Organics Organic White Peony Leave In Conditioner (15.99): You can get this product online from their website mostly, though they are expanding into some local beauty supply stores (You can check their site for locations that are available) You can also get a discount on purchases over 20.00 using discount code: TRESSES at checkout.
3. Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Leave-In Conditioner (11.00): You can get your hands on this leave in conditioner at your local beauty supply store, Target, or online at Amazon at a slightly higher price.
4. Hydratherma Naturals Protein Balance Leave-In Conditioner:(15.99) I rant and rave about this product frequently because it helps balance my moisture and pH levels by adding keratin and protein in the right amounts. This product is available on Amazon, their website, and in a few local beauty supply stores as well.
5. Tgin Green Tea Super Moist Leave in Conditioner(14.99)
This is a newly released product from TGIN as a part of their Moisture line and can be found in Target, Amazon, and on their website as well.
6. Carma Care B’Leave In conditioner (12.00): I got a chance to use Carma Care’s leave in conditioner last year and fell in love with the simple yet effective ingredients. This product is only available through their website.
7. Beyond the Zone, Noodle Head, Condition Your Curls(13.00)
8. Shea Moisture Conditioning Curl Milk (10.00)
9. Aubrey Organics: Calaguala Fern Leave In Conditioner(11.00)
10. Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In (5.00)
11. L’oreal Eversleek Humidity Defying Leave-in (6.00)
12. Yes to Cucumbers Color Care Leave-in Conditioner (6.39)
13. Kinky Curly Knot Today (12.00)
14. Curl Junkie BeautiCurls Leave in Hair Conditioner (18.00)
15. Paul Mitchell The Conditioner Leave-in (14.00)
16. Naturalista Cosmetics Juicy Leave-In Conditioner (18.00)
17. Karen’s Body Beautiful Sweet Ambrosia Leave in Conditioner (14.00)
18. Alikay Lemongrass Leave-In Conditioner(13.00)
19. Camille Rose Coconut Water Leave-in Treatment (14.00)
20.Cashmere Curls Leave in Conditioner (20.00)
Have you used any of these leave ins before? If so which were your faves? What leave in conditioner do you think is missing from this list?
If you loved what you read sign up for our mailing list here and never miss a post. Also get your hands on our free protective styling ebook: Protective Styling Like A Pro Maximum Growth & Length Retention.
FTC: This post is sponsored by Aussie. All my honest…
I know I know… first I tell you to deep…
We all know that what is good for one person’s…
This is a really helpful article. Thank you. I can recommend these to my curly hair client’s
Thank you! Glad we could help! They are awesome!!
This is a fantastic list 🙂 🙂 Just thought I would mention though that Cantu Leave in has a cone – Trimethylsilylamodimethicone.
Your email address will not be published.