Deep conditioning is a key step in your natural hair regimen but as with the change in seasons, you have to swap out your products sometimes to better suit the climate you are living in. Summer time means fun in the sun, at the beach, at the park and all these other amassing things and places. Which also means your hair will be feeling the heat full blast! Summertime is when our hair tends to get really dry, brittle, and frizzy just because of the climate change and change in our daily activities. You need to invest in deep conditioning during your hair regimen (especially if you’ve been skimping out on it during the winter and spring). But most importantly you need the right deep conditioner to tackle the summer time hair blues. Here are 5 deep conditioners you should think about giving a try this summer.
1. Shea Moisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Deep Conditioner: I’ve been eyeing this deep conditioner for a while and I’m super excited to give it a try. I made the fatal mistake of not picking it up during my last Target visit, and I haven’t found this particular Shea Moisture line any where else. This conditioner will run your pockets about 11 bucks at Target and a little pricier from Amazon.
Why Try For The Summer: This deep conditioner contains manuka honey which is not only has anti inflammatory properties but it also soothes the scalp while adding a moisturizing barrier on your hair. This barrier will help you bring your hair back to life from those hot dry summer days. The oleic acid also helps to replenish whatever natural oils were stripped from your hair (especially from frequent visits to the beach or the pool).
2. BelNouvo Creamy Castor Custard: I’ve used this deep conditioner a few times but I used in the wrong season. This castor custard deep conditioner can be found online only (sorry ladies you will have to pay shipping and handling for this bad boy) and it will run you about 12.00 bucks from the BelNouvo site.
Why Try For The Summer: This creamy custard is extremely thick and coats the hair very well providing ample slip to detangle with ease. It replenishes and softens your hair without the presence of protein which can often cause your hair to snap/break off if not used in moderation to a properly balanced moisture rich hair regimen. When your hair is at its driest during the summer adding too much protein may not be the way to go.
3. Mielle Organics Babassu Oil & Mint Deep Conditioner: This deep conditioner is in my hair regimen rotation heavy!! The mix of Babassu Oil (which is a great replacement/alternative to coconut oil) and Peppermint Oil give you that tingling sensation that stimulates the scalp and gets the blood flowing. At about 15.00 bucks you can find this deep conditioner in a few beauty supply stores but your best route is to buy directly from their site here. (You can get a discount at checkout using discount code: TRESSES)
Why Try For The Summer: This conditioner gives you the balancing moisture and protein that is very difficult to maintain in your hair regimen. Finding the balance can be the key to healthy hair growth and length retention. The fatty acids present soften the hair and help to reduce frizz which can be a major issue during the summer.
4. TGIN Honey Miracle Mask Deep Conditioner: I started using this deep conditioner a few months ago and I fell in love with it so much that I had to go out and get some more! TGIN products are now available at Target which makes it easier to avoid the dreaded shipping and handling fees. But if you must buy online, it’ll cost you about 17bucks from the TGIN site or about 20.00 bucks from Amazon.
Why Try For The Summer: Besides having great slip, the raw honey and olive oil will over you maximum moisture that actually penetrates the shaft of the hair. Add Jojoba oil into the mix, which closely imitates our natural hair sebum and you’ve got a moisture monster on your hands that will tackle the frizzy dry summer hair that we are bound to have while having fun in the sun.
5. Wonder Curl Deep Treatment: This deep treatment is filled with ingredients that are geared to give your hair a fighting chance of survival during the summer months. This deep conditioner is more solid than liquid/runny due to the presence of shea butter but it still provides the amount of slip necessary to detangle the hair properly. You can get your hands on Wonder Curl in a few beauty supply stores as well, but the products are readily available on the Wonder Curl site or Amazon.
Why Try For The Summer: I have been a fan of aloe vera juice for years but have been moving slowly away from it in recent months. This deep treatment brings back aloe vera juice in a big way which has so many benefits to your hair you should be using it in just about every step.
Have you had the chance to use any of these deep conditioners? What were your thoughts? If not which one are you most excited to try? Share your thoughts below.
If you loved what you read sign up for our mailing list here and never miss a post. Also get your hands on our free protective styling ebook: Protective Styling Like A Pro Maximum Growth & Length Retention.
It is not always possible to keep our hair on…
FTC: This post is not sponsored but does contain affiliate links.…
FTC: This post is not sponsored but does contain affiliate…
Your email address will not be published.