Being a naturalista doesn’t mean you have to spend tons of money and I’ve mentioned this quite a few times. As a teacher I’m constantly on a budget so buying the latest hair product or spending hundreds of dollars on my hair is just simply out of the question. The best part of being natural is being able to use natural hair growth ingredients in your hair care regimen that are just as effective if not better than many of the store bought options.
And ro prove it to you I’ve curated a list of the top seven natural hair growth ingredients to use in your natural hair care regimen to maximize on hair growth and retention.
Top Seven Natural Hair Growth Ingredients
1. Green Tea: Green tea helps to stimulate hair growth because it is a source of pantheon (which you’ll see on tons of hair prodcut labels) because it strengthens hair and helps to prevent split ends. Green tea helps helps to strengthen the hair and make it healthier in the long run. A green tea rinse is key!
2. Coconut Oil: Rich in vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients, coconut oil helps in keeping your hair strong, shiny, and looking great. It is a best natural treatment for all of our hair problems, like dry hair, damaged hair, dandruff and more. However if you have a coconut oil sensitivity, protein sensitivity, or you’re allergic to coconut oil I’ve got some effective alternatives for you as well.
3. Eggs: I’m a vegan, but I still stand behind the magic that eggs do for your hair. Filled with rich protein, vitamins and essential fatty acids eggs are great natural hair growth ingredients to be used in your pre-poo (can get a bit messy) or deep conditioning treatments.
4. Amla Oil: This oil can be found in India and when used in hair masks regularly Amla Oil stimulates and strengthens hair follicles while also preventing dandruff and split ends.
5. Avocado Oil: I am a huge proponent for all things avocado when it comes to your hair. Even if you idon’thave avocado oil in your home, I suggest you at least go grab you some avocados. You can use them in your pre-poo, hot oil treatments, and in your deep conditioning treatments. Avocado helps with damaged hair, frizziness and also adds shine. On top of that it is one of the few oils that can actually penetrate the shaft of the hair and moisturize from within.
6. Essential oils: Depending on what your hair needs and what you’ve got in your cabinet, essential oils are the perfect match up to help your hair out with a little TLC. My fave go to essential oils are Rosemary, Peppermint, and Tea Tree oil. I guarantee you’ve got at least one of these oils in your home and if not head to your local beauty supply, drug store, or health food store and pick one or two up. Your hair will thank you.
7. Aloe Vera: Whether you use this miracle plant in the gel or juice version you are going to be pleasantly pleased. Aloe vera gel is currently at the top of my natural hair saving grace list. I’ve been battling with dry hair for quite some time now and adding aloe vera gel into my pre-poo has been an absolute benefit. Aloe Vera is a great natural hair remedy to aid with hair growth. Massaging it into your scalp not only helps with growth, but also helps prevent hair loss as well.
What is your favorite natural hair ingredient to use on your natural hair? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below! And you can also follow our natural hair board on Pinterest for more tips, tricks and DIY.