Fun Fact: Every time something concerning me gains too much attention I get nervous about the follow up. So as the time rolled around to write this annual post, I dreaded it and thought about simply just not doing it. But then… in true MEL fashion… I said
FUCK it and decided to dive into it. My 28th year was quite a year. I started a new job, began a new business venture, took my first solo trip, and pretty much made a shit ton of personal mistakes because … let’s be honest that’s what I do best.
I also re-evaluated my relationships with just about everyone in my life. No one was above the re-evaluation. I wish I could say that I made some big major breakthrough that would change me and how I interacted with people… but that’s not really what happened. I find that my 28th year caught me at an interesting time. I was in the middle of failing at my “Year Of The Yes” theme, and heading into another failed New Year’s theme (which will go unnamed- if you know it you know it).
In re-evaluating others and myself I arrived at very few conclusions so bear with me. As I walk slowly and inevitably into the last year of my 20s (ugh… depressing to even type that shit) I leave you with my 29 goals at twenty nine.
29 Goals At Twenty Nine
1. End up on the 30 most influential individuals under 30 list (this is a reach… but I’m gonna put it on here anyway)
2. Visit Asia or Africa
3. Pay off 80% of student loans (just about there)
4. Run a half marathon
5. Successfully write & promote web series
6. Read 20 Books For Leisure
7. Move out of my parent’s house
8. Go on a family vacation
9. Spend more frugally & make less pointless purchases
10. Continue decreasing wasteful time on social media (3xs a month)
11. Cut off toxic people and negative energies
12. Improve communication and stop ignoring people (I make no promises on this one)
13. Eat Vegan 8 out of 12 months
14. Take bigger changes/risks
15. Get approved for sabbatical
16. Get more sleep (6- 8 hours… sigh)
17. Meet Chance The Rapper
18. Continue working out 4-5 times a week
19. Have writing/work recognized on a grand scale
20. Decrease amount of cursing
21. Improve my faith
22. Get a new tattoo
23. Take less selfies/photos and enjoy the moment
24. Make better time & monetary investments
25. Speak Less, Listen More
26. Create More Creative Content
27. Finish 1st book
28. Wear natural hair out more often
29. Stop going to events/ doing things I don’t want to do
And there you have it my completely utterly ambiguous list of goals for my 29th year. Hopefully I do better this year than previous years… and if I don’t… I won’t beat myself up about it! Cheers to 29!
You May Also Like
Hey there! I’m Melissa, co-founder of Trials n Tresses, natural hair and beauty lover, binge tv watcher and lover of life. When I am not creating content for TNT, I’m busy teaching the future of society.