With the detox and skinny tea craze running rampant during this season where everyone is working on their fitness and getting their bodies right for the summer, we can sometimes miss the basics right in front of us. Which is exactly what happened to me. I stumbled onto Moringa tea pretty late apparently… but better late than never! So what exactly is moringa tea, why am I talking about it and why should you care? Let’s dive in a little further
What Is Moringa Tea?
Moringa tea comes from the moringa plant/ tree which is also known as the “tree of life” or the “drumstick tree” because of how it looks. Morginga Oleifera has several health benefits and has been used for hundreds of years to help with several health issues. It is a medically proven health supplement that can be consumed safely. The leaf itself resembles horseradish and it is most often grown in India, Thailand, Taiwan, Africa, and the Philippines.
Moringa is classified as a superfood because it is extremely nutrient dense. It is a bit difficult to get your hands on since it is not really grown in the US. There are however many supplements in powder, pill and tea form that offer many valuable benefits.
Benefits Of Moringa Tea
- Improves immune system functions
- Provides nourishment to the eyes and the brain.
- Lowers blood pressure
- Speeds up your metabolism
- Promotes the Cell structure of the body
- Promotes natural Serum cholesterol.
- Lowers the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Promotes the normal functioning of the liver and the kidney.
- Beautifies the skin (promotes rapid cell regeneration)
- Boosts energy levels
- Promotes proper digestion
- Acts as an antioxidant
- Protects the stomach lining & treats stomach ulcers
- Promotes healthy circulatory system
- It is an anti-inflammatory
- Gives a feeling of general wellness
- Supports the normal sugar levels of the body.
- Boosts energy level
- Contains 36 anti inflammatories/ and 18 amino acids
- Improved digestion
With all of these benefits its a shock that I haven’t heard of this miracle tea before. With everything you want to make sure you speak to your doctor before consuming. It is also important to be aware of where you purchase the moringa and in what form. Different forms require different dosages and you should stick to those strictly.
IF you loved what you read sign up for our mailing list here and never miss a post. Also get your hands on our free protective styling ebook: Protective Styling Like A Pro Maximum Growth & Length Retention.
You May Also Like
Hey there! I’m Melissa, co-founder of Trials n Tresses, natural hair and beauty lover, binge tv watcher and lover of life. When I am not creating content for TNT, I’m busy teaching the future of society.