FTC: This post is not sponsored but does contain affiliate links. My thoughts and opinions are my own.
Breakage is the bane of us naturalists’s existence. We do a lot of things to our hair, and sometimes it gets angry with us… thus leaving us in a sticky situation. We can try our best to make sure we are taking the best care of our tresses, but the truth of the matter is things happen. Hormonal imbalances, weather, heat damage… life! If you find yourself experiencing breakage that seems impossible to stop (remember you can’t undo breakage, you can only stop it and let it grow out) it could be time to switch up your arsenal. These 8 products mentioned below are geared at helping stop breakage for different hair issues you may be having.
8 Products To Help Stop Breakage
1. Aphogee Two Step Protein Treatment : This treatment is to be used very sparsely and carefully because it is so strong. It is best if used by a professional. The two step protein treatment is if you are suffering from damage caused by heat or color treated hair. This will help add in protein wherever your hair is lacking it.
Ingredients: WATER (AQUA, EAU) HYDROLYZED COLLAGEN CITRIC ACID MAGNESIUM SULFATE IMIDAZOLIDINONE PANTHENOL TOCOPHERYL ACETATE MAURITIA FLEXUOSA FRUIT OIL HYDROLYZED VEGETABLE PROTEIN PG-PROPYL SILANETRIOL PHYTANTRIOL MAGNESIUM CARBONATE COCAMIDOPROPYL BETAINE DIMETHYLOL UREA TRIMETHYLSILOXYAMODIMETHICONE C11-15 PARETH-7 C12-16 PARETH-9 GLYCERIN TRIDECETH-12 DMDM HYDANTOIN FRAGRANCE (PARFUM) LINALOOL
2. Saphira Mineral Mud Mineral Hair Healing Treatment : This is also another great treatment/deep conditioner to use if you have color treated hair and are seeing breakage caused by that. Although it is a bit pricy it lasts for quite some time and will help add moisture and protein balance to your hair after you have color treated it.
Ingredients: Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Maris Limus (Dead Sea Mud), Hippophae, Rhadmnodies Oil, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Oil, Monohydrate Citric Acid, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Tea Tree Oil
3. BrioGeo Dont Despair Repair Deep Conditioning Mask : I LOVE LOVE LOVE this hair mask and it gets all of my coin whenever I enter a Sephora. Briogeo’s deep conditioning mask is great for chemically treated hair but also helps add moisture to your dry tresses.
Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe) Leaf Juice*, Brassicyl Isoleucinate Esylate (plant derived), Brassica Alcohol (from brassica oil), Cetyl Alcohol (vegetable derived), Stearyl Alcohol (vegetable derived), Propanediol (corn derived), Cetrimonium Chloride (from vegetable fatty acids), Cetyl Esters (coconut oil derived), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil*, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Oil*, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil*, Rosa Mosqueta (Rosehip) Fruit Oil*, Isopropyl Myristate (vegetable derived), Panthenol (ProVitamin B5), Biotin (fumaria derived), Hydrolyzed Keratin, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Hydrolyzed Silk, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower Seed) Oil*, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Cedrus Atlantica (Cedarwood) Oil, Elettaria Cardamomum (Cardamom) Oil, Abies Sibirica (Fir Needle) Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Oil, Pogostemon Cablin (Patchouli) Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Oil, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Isododecane, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride (from natural guar gum), Citric Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid (Ecocert), Benzyl Alcohol (Ecocert) * ORGANIC INGREDIENTS.
4. Cantu Shea Butter Grow Strong Strengthening Treatment: On a more affordable tip, this hair treatment can be used in your styling regimen as well as on the scalp for some extra help. And plus it smells amazing so that is a plus.
Ingredients: Water (Aqua) Glycerin (Soja) Soybean Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Laneth-15, Polyquaternium-37, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Di-Caprate, Ppgt Trideceth-6, Steareth 2, Lanolin, Steareth-2, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Panthenol, Benzophenone-3, BHA, BHT, Zea Mays (Corn Oil), Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Collagen, DMDM Hydantoin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Propylene Glycol, Fragrance (Parfum)
5. SheaMoisture Yucca & Plantain Anti-Breakage Strengthening Masque: This anti breakage strengthening mask helps to prevent breakage, but if you are experiencing it, it will help strengthen the hair that is healthy while providing temporary relief to the damaged/breaking hair. Again it can’t be fixed, but it will help during the growth process as you cut and remove the damage from your hair.
Ingredients: Deionized Water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) (Certified Organic Ingredient), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil (Certified Organic Ingredient), Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter (Certified Organic Ingredient), Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil (Certified Organic Ingredient), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Ammonium Salt (Conditioner), Yucca Filamentosa Extract, Vegetable Protein, Adansonia Digitata (Baobab) Extract, Biotin, Panthenol (Vitamin B-5), Rosemary Extract, Bamboo Extract, Sorbitol Esters, Caprylyl Glycol, Essential Oil Blend, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower (and Lonicera Japonica (Japanese Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Tocopherol (Vitamin E).
6. Mielle Organics White Peony Leave In Conditioner: This leave in conditioner is BOSS!! And also the presence of white peony makes it amazing for women who are suffering from hormonal issues that cause breakage. Take it from someone suffering with PCOS, this leave in conditioner is the business. It is light enough to prevent your hair from being weighed down and also strong enough to lock in moisture. Use code TRESSES at checkout for a discount!
Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Camellia Sinensis(White Peony Tea) Extract, Cocos Nucifera (coconut) oil, Cetyl alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Choloride, Simmondsia Chinensis (Organic Jojoba oil), Olea Europaea (Organic Olive) Fruit oil, Glycerin, Glocono Delta Lactone, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernal oil, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Extract, Yucca Schidigera (Yucca) Root Extract, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Leaf Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Leaf Extract, Melissa Officinalis Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Silk (Silk Amino Acids), Potassium Sorbate, Phthalate-Free Fragrance, Citrus Grandis(Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Cyamopsis Tetragonoloba (Guar) Gum,Citric Acid.
7. SACRED TIARE FORTIFYING CONDITIONER: This product you want to add to your arsenal during weekly wash days. The fortifying conditioner helps to prevent breakage but creating stronger tresses during the conditioning process.
Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Hydrogenated Ethylhexyl Olivate, Jojoba Esthers, Fragrance (Parfum), Moringa Oleifera Seed Oil, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Hibiscus Esculentus Extract, Gardenia Tahitensis Flower Extract, Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide, Hydrolyzed Silk, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Polysilicone-15, Polysorbate 60, Hydrogenated Olive Oil Unsaponifiables, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Sorbic Acid, Methylisothiazolinone, Limonene, Linalool
8. Shea Moisture JBCO Reparative Leave In Conditioner : This is a strong protein based leave in conditioner for hair that is suffering due to chemically treated or heat styled hair. The presence of coconut oil, shea butter, jamaican black castor oil and keratin make for one strong formula to help with your breakage whoas.
Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter*, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Glycerin (Vegetable), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil , Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil , Hydrolyzed Keratin, Fragrance (Essential Oil Blend), Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit Oil, Tocopherol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice*, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Trifolium Pratense (Clover) Flower Extract, Hydrolyzed Rice Protein, Vinegar, Acetyl Tetrapeptide-3, Niacin, Dextran, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Caramel, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Extract
Have you had experience with any of these products when dealing with your breakage? If so share your thoughts with us below.
You May Also Like
Hey there! I’m Melissa, co-founder of Trials n Tresses, natural hair and beauty lover, binge tv watcher and lover of life. When I am not creating content for TNT, I’m busy teaching the future of society.