FTC: This post is not sponsored. All thoughts and weird comments are my own.
We are on that new new for 2018! That means leaving our old selves, and older natural hair lines in the past. Does that mean you throw away all of your staples? Uh no… absolutely not! But, just like with many things it is always a good idea to try something new. With that being said, we’ve done some of the testing/trying out for you and we’ve compiled a list of new natural hair lines that you should definitely give a try in 2018. And most are not only affordable, but we’ve got a few that are actually already in store (and you know convenience is always a plus for me)
New Natural Hair Lines To Try In 2018
1. The Doux: I can’t even begin to tell you how much I love this natural hair brand. It’s been out for just a little bit and has certainly caught my attention. The branding and packaging is impeccable and the product itself is pretty dope as well. Even better, the Doux is black owned and female owned. WIN WIN for me! You can find The Doux products in Target, and randomly over the weekend I also found my local beauty supply fully stocked. Needless to say I was thrilled.
2. Briogeo Scalp Revival: I’m so exited for this latest release from Briogeo. Their deep conditioner has been a pretty big staple in my regimen (yes it is pricy so I use the appropriate amount suggested), and the scalp revival uses charcoal + coconut oil to detox the scalp while providing a squeaky clean cleanse. Though I could use without the coconut oil (battling a protein sensitivity here), I could see myself using this product once every 4-6 weeks to get rid of any product build up. Be forewarned this product is not cheap.
3. True Botanicals Nourishing Shampoo & Conditioner: First things first… this line is not exactly super affordable. It falls into the price range category of Devacurl products, and with good reason. True Botanicals doesn’t use any toxic ingredients in their products (thank god for that) and incorporate organic ingredients (hence that hefty price point)
4. Shea Moisture Red Palm Oil & Cocoa Butter: Man Oh Man… I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again… Shea Moisture is a mastermind/ genius at ingredient selection and packaging /labels. They should definitely think about looking into packaging/labels into their repertoire because they do it so effortlessly. Besides that, they recently dropped another banger for our natural locks. What does this line do that is so special? It is cultivated to help
5. FORM Beauty: I am super excited to try this brand this year for two reasons. 1. They are backed by Walker and Company (also the backer behind Bevel) whose main purpose is to make shopping for health and beauty products a simple process for people of color. They are not just words, their diverse team of employees is filled with a diverse group of intellectuals that have he led FORM beauty to our doorstep. The second reason is FORM beauty walks you though a short consultation that allows you to receive a regimen that curated for your hair and lifestyle. They believe that it is better to know what your hair needs rather than to guess and I couldn’t agree more. Plus with the plethora of products in their line, you can use one brand for every step of your regimen. No need to bounce from line to line when you stick with FORM beauty and I for one am thankful for that.
6. Curls Cashmere + Caviar Line: Curls has been a force to be reckoned with when it comes to their Blueberry Bliss line incorporating conditioners, stylers, and their latest liquid hair vitamin. Now they are back at it again with another signature ingredient line, and it makes us feel so fancy (pinkies up). This product line isn’t just fancy ingredients (yes it does have caviar and cashmere extract), but also includes organic vital ingredients to healthy hair growth. Active charcoal helps to naturally detox and cleanse the hair of all the debris left behind from product buildup that can essentially prevent healthy hair growth. This line is also easy to find on their site and is making its way to a Target near you in no time.
What new natural hair brands or lines are you excited to try this year? Leave us some suggestions below so we can spend our coins too!
You May Also Like
Hey there! I’m Melissa, co-founder of Trials n Tresses, natural hair and beauty lover, binge tv watcher and lover of life. When I am not creating content for TNT, I’m busy teaching the future of society.